Co-Production Agreement (Television Series)
- Funding as Pre-Condition
- key creative personnel
- completed programs
- production plan
- funding proposals
- distribution and ancillary exploitation plans
Furnishing of Key Personnel
- who shall provide funds?
- what fundraising efforts made?
- who administers budget and funds?
- audit rights?
- trust factor?
- as per budget?
- who provides Executive Producer
- who provides Producer
- attached to agreement and mutually approved prior to execution
- variations to budget
- consents and approvals
- who controls
- drawdown schedule to be mutually approved prior to execution
- in accordance with budget and production plan
- who administers
- who receives funds
- who hires non-essential personnel
- who provides office facilities
- who executes agreements with third parties
- production agreements
- financing agreements
- broadcast agreements
- distribution agreements
- who prepares financial reports
- who is responsible for insurance
- workers compensation
- who is responsible for tax payments
- Social Security
- other Federal, State and Local
Term of Agreement
- who arranges
- which markets
- which ancillaries
- terminate unless funds obtained
- Step Deal
- continues if part of budget raised
- ends if next level not raised
- who retains or obtains rights if funds not raised
- percentages of ownership of each party?
- who had original concept and idea?
- license of idea and joint ownership of final product?
- who approves
- first position
- presentation credits
- "created by"
- "story by"
- "teleplay by" (if written by one of the parties)
- executive producer
- story by/created by
- percentages of each party
- how long
- definition of net profits
Which State Law to Apply
- which party responsible
- how often
- bank accounts
- interest bearing
- how many signatures required
- audit rights of other party
Addresses for notices
- arbitration for disputes?
Out-of Pocket Expenses
- include courtesy copy to attorney
- Recouped from financing
- Recouped from net profits
Copyright © 2013 by Michael Norman
Saleman. All rights reserved.
Licensed in Texas and California.